Monday 18 April 2011

Doesnt time fly!

I cant believe it was November when I last wrote anything in here, but to be fair things have been so busy that I havent really had chance! Just to update, Maisy is now home and doing very well, she's now 10months old, time really does fly by.  She is still on oxygen at home and this will continue for a while to come, we have attempted to wean it but her lungs weren't having any of it, but thats fine, it's no where near as scary or hard as I thought.  People stare sometimes when we're out, and that was one of my main worries, but now I couldnt care less, I have my beautiful girl home and thats all that matters :)

Health wise things arent great at the moment and it's getting me down a bit.  I want to be full of beans and not have to have a granny nap most days! Maisy has started saying a few words and is able to stand (holding on) and the day will come soon that she's zooming around and I'm worried I'll be too tired to keep up.  It's playing on my mind a lot at the moment espcially this week as blood results from the hospital were not good.  I have high level of antibodies which is not good news.  Having too many antibodies in my blood means I would automatically reject my new kidney.  They are unsure why they are so high but I have to wait till friday to talk to my consultant and will have results more blood tests that they did to double check results.  So basically I have just had enough this week.  I just want to lead a 'normal' life, so spending half of it at the hospital and the other half so worn out I'm acutally starting to look forward to going back!!  I want the phone to ring, I want them to tell me it's my turn now, that my bloods are all fine and everything is going ahead and I'm going to be healthy again. 

Despite being a bit down at the moment Maisy makes me smile each and everyday and it's because of her, Liam and my wonderful family that I will not give up and keep the smile fixed to my face!!

Thats all for now, sorry bit of a moan. But I will try to keep this blog a bit more up to date!!

No comments:

Post a Comment